Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Peek at Mrs. Gordon's Room

Last year when I accepted a teaching position at my new school I immediately began thinking about my NEW classroom.  I love to decorate and the thought of designing a new theme for a classroom had me giddy.  I spent countless hours on the internet scouring Pinterest classroom ideas not to mention looking at the amazing School Girl Style website.  I stressed over it for weeks and finally decided on a color scheme.  I am very lucky that my school district allowed me to paint my classroom...and pick any color I wanted!  At first our head of maintenance was a little wary of my color choices which were Benjamin Moore's "Sapphire Ice" and "Ladybug Red".  I have to admit I was a tad nervous myself.  I am beyond blessed to have a wonderful mother and mother-in-law that helped me sand off mickey mouse border that had been there for I am guessing at least ten years and paint the entire room.  After getting paint on the walls the room really started to take shape.  I decided on a "Seussy" theme and began adding lots of polka dot and striped fabrics, a bright red rug, pops of turquoise, orange, red, and lime green and these amazing Dr. Seuss quotes I found here.  My ever so talented dad created the frames that were repurposed from old trim removed from my grandparents home.  On meet the teacher night the look on my new K babies faces made all the hard work and countless summer nights worth it!  They were in love!

 
Mrs. Gordon>
Word Work Center
Math Center
Book Ledge in the Reading Center
Guided Reading Area


Student Cubbies

No comments:

Post a Comment